Butte County California Chinese Immigrants
- 1875-1884 Butte County Articles of Incorporation.
- 1879-1896 Butte County Tax Assessment Ledgers.
Chico Chronicle Record
- 1897 Advertisement in Chico Chronicle Record, dated January 6, 1897, Page 3, Column 1.
City of Chico
- 1904-1905 City Directory.
Hardwick, Susan Wiley and Donald G. Holtgrieve
- 1996 Valley of Dreams; Life and landscape in the Sacramento Valley. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Lanham, Boulder, New York, London.
Jones, William A., Ira H. Latour, Carl Mautz, and Peter E. Palmquist
- 1993 Silver Shadows, edited by Ira H. Latour. The Chico Museum Association, Chico, California.
Kraft, Jarith A.
- 1998 Gold Miners Living on the Fringes: A Historical Ethnographic Study, Butte County, California. Unpublished Master’s thesis, Department of Anthropology, California State University, Chico.
Loo, Chalsa M.
- 1991 Chinatown. Praeger Publishers, New York, Westport, Connecticut, London.
Mansfield, George C.
- 1918 History of Butte County California with Biographical Sketches. Historic Record Company, Los Angeles.
Minnick, Sylvia Sun
- 1988 Samfow: The San Joaquin Chinese Legacy. Panorama West Publishing, Fresno.
Peery, Eugene R.
- 1968 The Anti-Chinese Press in Butte County: A Study in Prejudice. An unpublished Master’s thesis, California State University, Chico.
- 1988 Chico Women: Nemesis of a Rural Town’s Anti-Chinese Campaigns. In California History LXVII(4):228-243.
- 1996a Series Explores Chinese in Chico’s Past. In August 11, 1996, issue of Mercury/Enterprise Record, page 1B.
- 1996b 1879: Anti Chinese Passions Posed Danger, Violence. In August 12 issue of the Mercury-Register/Enterprise-Record, page 1B.
- 1993 Hidden Heritage: Historical Archaeology of the Overseas Chinese, edited by Priscilla Wegers. Baywood Publishing Company, Amityville, New York.
- 1988 A History of Chinese Americans in California. In Five Views, Department of Parks and Recreation, Sacramento, pp. 104-158.